Fair Isle, a type of stranded colorwork in knitting patterns, can seem a little scary at first but when you take it one stitch at a time you’ll see how easy it can be to work with more than one color in your knitting.
Our quick to knit hat takes advantage of the bulky weight and gorgeous colors of Malabrigo Rasta to create a visually interesting pattern while teaching you the basics of stranded colorwork. And trust us, the actual knitting is fairly simple!
Each kit makes 2 hats, with enough yarn left over to make 2 small or 1 large pom pom.
Each Kit Includes
- 2 skeins Malabrigo Rasta, (100% merino wool), 82m/90yds, 150g/5.29oz; bulky weight), in your selected colors
- Printed pattern and emailed PDF with written instructions
- Optional Fur-real Pom Pom
You May Also Need
- Size US 15 (10 mm) 16" circular knitting needles (click here for metal, here for bamboo)
- Size US 15 (10 mm) double pointed needles
Large Loop Stitch markers
- Jumbo Tapestry needle
- Pom Pom Maker
- Extra Furreal Pom Pom
Color Shown: Indiecita & Azules + Budgerigar Pom
Finished Size: Hat measures 17” [43 cm] around x 8½” [21.5 cm] tall before blocking.
Please note the fabric is very stretchy and can accommodate up to a 25” [63.5 cm] circumference.
Care Instructions: Handwash - gently, lay flat to dry.
- GWGloria W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars6 days agoFabulous Yarn
I changed the color work pattern slightly and had enough yarn left to make a cable hat! The yarn is pricey but so worth it! Still need to add the pompoms.