The third pattern in our Cable Basic Series, the Off The Rails Cowl is something completely different featuring cables that twist horizontally!
Is it an optical illusion? Is it grafted? Nope! Amaze your friends as they try to figure out how you made sideways cables! This stylish cowl has a drawstring edge to cinch up for added warmth. You’ll want to knit this pattern just to learn this amazing technique - a super easy lateral braid with a twist that takes this cowl design to the next level of WOW!
You Will Also Need
- 440 yds worsted weight yarn
- Size US 9 (5.50mm) 24" circular knitting needle
- Size US 2 (2.75mm) 24" circular knitting needle
- US size G/6/4.00mm crochet hook
- scrap yarn, worsted weight in a bright color
- Cable Needle
- Row Counter
- Soft Ring Markers
- Locking Stitch Markers
- Tape Measure
- Large Safety Pin
- Chibi Bent Tip Tapestry Needles
Finished Size: Cowl measures 14” (35.5 cm) from hemmed edge to drawstring casing with a 30” (76 cm) circumference blocked.
Care Instructions: Machine Wash & Lay Flat to Dry