About the Yarn:
Here's why we LOVE this yarn:
1. The colors! We just love being surprised as we knit, and chose a range of fun colors and speckles in Franca.
2. This stuff is so soft! It's lofty, it's smooth, and will be wonderful to wear right next to your skin. Plus, it knits up fast as a superbulky.
3. It feels good to support women around the world when you buy this yarn. Manos Del Uruguay is a non-profit, fair trade certified company that's been helping rural women earn income for over 40 years.
Note: Each skein is handmade by artisans in Uruguay—you'll find their signature and location on the label. Colors may vary from what is shown and there are no dye lots. Be sure to buy enough yarn for your project at the same time. To blend color variations, alternate between two skeins as you knit or crochet.
- Fiber Content: 100% Superwash Merino
- Weight: Super Bulky
- Yards: 114
- Grams: 150
- Knitting Gauge: 2.5 stitches/inch (US 13-15 needle)
- Crochet Gauge: 1.5-2 stitches/inch (N15+ hook)
- Care: Machine Wash Cold & Dry Flat
- Origin: Uruguay
- DPDebbie P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoGrab a Yarn
I love the Franca yarn, It works up quickly creating lovely color patterns in warm hats and scarves. I will use the starry night to crochet up a warm winter cap with long ear flaps and a extension on the back of the cap to cover up the neck.
- LSLinda S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoFantastic
I love this super bulky yarn 'cause it's soft and feels great next to skin. Don't know why that color is discontinued as, personally, I like it.