About the Yarn:
Here's why we LOVE this yarn:
1. The colors! Manos Del Uruguay is known for their hand-dyed yarns and these are no exception.
2. The sheen and softness of silk, with the crisp stitch definition of wool.
3. It feels good to support women around the world when you buy this yarn. Manos Del Uruguay is a non-profit, fair trade certified company that's been helping rural women earn income for over 40 years.
Note: Each skein is handmade by artisans in Uruguay—you'll find their signature and location on the label. Colors may vary from what is shown and there are no dye lots. Be sure to buy enough yarn for your project at the same time. To blend color variations, alternate between two skeins as you knit or crochet.
- Fiber Content: 70% Extrafine Merino Wool, 30% Silk
- Weight: Fingering/ #1
- Yards: 490
- Grams: 100
- Knitting Gauge: 6-6.5 stitches/inch (US 3-5 needle)
- Crochet Gauge: 4.5-5 stitches/inch (C2-E4 crochet hook)
- Care: Hand Wash Cold, Dry Flat
- Origin: Uruguay
- LMLiz M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars6 months agoBeautiful Yarn & Great Customer Service
I’ve worked with this yarn in the past to knit a shawl, but this was my first time purchasing from One Big Happy Yarn Co. First the yarn: it is single ply, so it can be a bear when you need to frog a project, but once it’s knit up, it makes a lovely fabric with great drape. Second the store: amazing customer service and the yarn was shipped promptly. I will be purchasing from this company again.
- SBShelia B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 3 out of 5 stars2 hours agoManos silk and wool yarn
Love it. It knits up beautifully. Easy to work and the finish is lovely.