Inspired by the classic quilt design, log cabin blankets are a breeze to make, and once you get the hang of the pattern can be so simple to customize to your desired size. This is a beginner friendly pattern. Starting out with a center square then adding strips to each side, this blanket knits up easy and fast in simple garter stitch.
Learn just how easy it is to knit this blanket with Jenny Fish in our free step-by-step video tutorials! And check out the companion Crochet Log Cabin Blanket Tutorial and Make-Along with your crochet friends!
You May Also Need
- 10 skeins (2 skeins each of 5 colors) Scheepjes River Washed and/or Stone Washed (78% Cotton, 22% Acrylic; 500g/140 yds; sport/#2 weight)
- Size US 6 (4.00 mm) 32"/36" circular knitting needles (click here for metal, here for bamboo)
- Clover Locking Stitch Markers
Clover Chibi Bent-Tip Tapestry Needle
Sample: knit in the Pastels kit
Finished Size: 32” [81.5 cm] square
Care Instructions: Machine Wash and Dry
- BMBiondi M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars16 hours agoFun to work on
I'm really enjoying making the Log Cabin blanket and the video was very helpful. I'm doing the knitted version.
- LHLorraine H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoLog Cabin Blanket
I found the pattern easy to read and follow. I also watched the tutorial video and was impressed by how relaxed it was to do. My first time having fun knitting.