Inspired by the classic quilt design, log cabin blankets are a breeze to make, and once you get the hang of the pattern can be so simple to customize to your desired size. This is a beginner friendly pattern. Starting out with a center square then adding strips to each side, this blanket knits up easy and fast in simple garter stitch.
Learn just how easy it is to knit this blanket with Jenny Fish in our free step-by-step video tutorials! And check out the companion Crochet Log Cabin Blanket Tutorial and Make-Along with your crochet friends!
Each Kit Includes
- 10 skeins (2 skeins each of 5 colors) Scheepjes River Washed and/or Stone Washed (78% Cotton, 22% Acrylic; 500g/140 yds; sport/#2 weight)
- Printed copy of the pattern
You May Also Need
- Size US 6 (4.00 mm) 32"/36" circular knitting needles (metal or bamboo)
- Clover Locking Stitch Markers
Clover Chibi Bent-Tip Tapestry Needle
Sample: knit in the Pastels kit
Finished Size: 32” [81.5 cm] square
Care Instructions: Machine Wash and Dry
- SSandyVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars8 months agoUpdating my review
The company was very responsive when I pointed out that the yellow yarn they sent was not in the primary color family (it was a yellow green). They exchanged it at no cost for me. I’m enjoying the yarn and easy garter stitch pattern.
- STSue T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoLove it!
I was so excited receiving the kit...I watched the U tube video ,and loved it....so I started its my go to TV knitting!...Beautiful yarn as well!...Thank you!
- PHPatricia H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars8 months agoLove Log Cabin!
My second kit…first was the original colors, which I love! The pastel kit is also beautiful!
My favorite project for mindless, relaxing, enjoyable knitting. Recommended it to my daughter, who I think is starting her third Log Cabin!
Always get excellent service from One Big Happy!
- JAJulie A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars8 months agoLove this kit!
I made the “blues” version of this kit. I would never have picked those five colors together, but it’s perfect! I finished it in about two weeks. It works up so nicely and is fun to work. I enjoyed it so much that I ordered a second kit!
- SSandyVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 3 out of 5 stars10 months agoLove the yarn but instructions and yarn color are not what is pictured
I am giving a 5 for the yarn and a 1 for the pattern. The written instructions are for a traditional log cabin pattern but the assembly instructions (color) are different. The latter may be fine but it is not a log cabin pattern and does not correspond to the picture. In addition, I ordered the primary color kit but there is no picture nor pattern suggestion for the order of colors. I made a copy of the b&w assembly diagram and got out my colored pencils to get a satisfactory solution. If you have not knit a log cabin pattern before this is not for you.