Baby boom? No problem! Make quick—and cute—work of your baby knitting queue with this adorable kit. Featuring a classic hat, mitts and booties designed by Diane Soucy of Knitting Pure & Simple, it's the perfect gift for any infant on your list. Worked in Ella Rae Cashmereno Aran, it's luxuriously soft but also practical; mom can machine wash the set. Choose between a rolled or ribbed hat, and add earflaps too! This pattern is one you'll come back to again and again. Plus, knit along with free video tutorials on youtube.
Each kit includes:
- One Skein of Ella Rae Cashmereno Aran (55% Wool, 33% Acrylic, 12% Cashmere) in your color choice
- One print copy of the pattern
You’ll also need:
- US size 7 (4.5 m) double pointed knitting needles, or size to obtain gauge, will work for any size hat (Click here for metal, click here for bamboo)
- US size 7 (4.5mm) 36" or longer circular knitting needle, or size to obtain gauge, if using the magic loop method (Click here for metal, click here for bamboo)
- Stitch marker
- Yarn Needle
- To add a pom pom, add the large size Clover Pom Pom Makers. Grab an extra ball of yarn for the largest size hat if you plan on making the set.
Shown in: Wisteria (29) and Aquamarine (30)
Finished Sizes: Hat measures 12 (14, 16)" to fit newborn (3-6 mos, 12-18 mos). Bootie length is 3.75 (4.25, 4.5)", mitts are also written in 3 sizes.
Care Instructions: Machine wash cold, lay flat to dry.
- SASandi A.I recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoAdorable and so soft
I've made this set 3 times now - 3 grandbabies in a year have kept me busy. The yarn is beautifully soft and knits up well with this easy to follow pattern. I made the ear flap hat, booties and mitts for my granddaughter in the mauve and smallest size. She was 7lbs at birth and this fits her nicely. Tiny mitts are adorable and the booties fit nicely over her sleeper feet.
I've made the hat with and without the earflaps for my 2 new grandsons - gray and soft blue each - they look so cute and the ear flap hats are great for the cold weather. If only I could find something for their little cold noses !