Every year we knit at least one hat for someone special in our lives, and to be honest, it’s a little bit boring. Enter Conspiring, designed by Lisa R. Myers. The beautiful ribbed texture features brioche stitches- and we know that might seem scary, but it’s totally worth learning the technique when you witness how well it pairs with a single skein of space-dyed Manos del Uruguay Feliz. Plus, join us for FREE video tutorials you can watch any time, learn more here.
Each kit includes:
- 1 skein of Manos del Uruguay Feliz yarn (70% Superwash Merino, 30% Modal) in your selected color
- 1 Fur Real Pom pom (if selected in kit option)
- Printed pattern
You’ll also need:
- US Size 4 (3.5 mm) knitting needles in 16” circular (stainless steel or bamboo) and double pointed needles (in stainless steel or bamboo) or any size to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker
- Yarn Needle
- Fur real pom pom in desired color (if you prefer to select your own, choose the yarn only option here and add the pom pom separately to your cart)
Color Shown: Huarache + Rose Galah Pom
Finished Size: Adult medium (20-22” circumference, hat is very stretchy)
Care Instructions: Machine Wash Cold & Dry Flat
- BKBarbara K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars19 hours agoSo Much Fun to Knit
The Conspiring Brioche hat is challenging but fun, however I could never have done it without Jenny's tutorial. Her instructions were so detailed and helpful and I viewed it multiple times when I had "brain block" from the pattern. Thank you, Jenny! The Manos Del Uruguay yarn is very nice to work with and I can't wait to see this hat finished.
- PTPatti T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 3 out of 5 stars10 months agoLove the yarn but....
I love the yarn. It is easy to knit. It is soft and squishy! The pattern however.... I am what I call a beginner to intermediate knitter. I challenge myself. I have knit lace and short rows, sweaters, socks, hats, mittens, etc.... I loved the hat and decided that I wanted to learn brioche knitting. It is not a simple knit. I have started over several times and I may just be getting the hang of it..... finally! I have found many youtube videos to help me and I also stopped at my lys to buy new needles. I wish the pattern would have a link to a video and, I expected One Big Happy to have a video but I cannot find one. Perhaps I missed it? I will learn to knit this hat somehow because I love the yarn!OBOne Big Happy10 months ago
Hi Patti! Most of our kits are accompanied by a tutorial. You can find all of the videos for this project and more on our YouTube channel here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL70gAtBx7A8f4lRlamUWBy0kFIjeWMArf