About the Yarn:
Named for the colorful Barn Swallow, this yarn is sure to take you on a flight of fancy. It's featured in our Entrelac Scarf Knit-Along, click here for the kit.
Here's why we LOVE this yarn:
1. The colors! Tsubame features long, beautiful color repeats that Noro is known for. It forms stripes on its own and occasionally throws a wildcard color in for added fun, just like nature.
2. The feel. This is a great alternative to more wool-heavy yarns. Although often thought of as a spring/summer yarn, we think it's great year-round for accessories like scarves and hats.
3. The whopping skein size! Each barrel contains 656 yards. Mix 2 colors and you'll have enough to make a striking, one-of-a-kind project.
- Fiber Content: 50% Silk, 25% Wool, 25% Polyamide
- Weight: Worsted
- Yards: 656
- Grams: 200
- Knitting Gauge: 4-5 stitches/ inch (US 7-9 needle))
- Crochet Gauge: 2.75-3.5 stitches/inch (7-I9 hook)
- Care: Hand Wash
- Origin: Japan
- DPDebbie P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoNoro
Tsubame yarn is a beautiful self-striping yarn that has a wonderful texture. The serape that I am crocheting has a wonderful feel and drape to it and will endure a lifetime.
- AAngelaVerified ReviewerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoFuntastic Squishy Fun!
Noro is known for its incredible, sometimes over the top, color combinations! I selected color #8 for its more subdued feature. Tsubame is a wonderful yarn for Entrelac patterns. I love this yarn and am quite certain you will too!
- MWMary W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars20 hours agoBestest yarn
Love love love this yarn
- RSRise' St A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 days agoNoro is the best
I have always loved the color explosion from Noro, but the silk in this makes it so soft.
- MGMary Grace R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoGreetings
love it for lightweight Nightshift shawl