Is there anything better than a one-skein shawl that features a self striping yarn that works in crochet? We don’t think so! Dark Sky Shawl is crocheted in Cascade Whirligig, and the looooooong repeats go together so harmoniously that we don’t think there’s a color we wouldn’t like for this project. After a few rows of setup its easy stitching, but seeing the stripes shape up will keep you going. Finish it off with a pretty picot edge.
Want to knit instead? Here's a free shawl to try.
Each kit includes:
- 1 skein of Cascade Yarns Whirligig (60% Superwash Merino Wool, 20% Nylon, 20% Acrylic) in your selected color
- Digital PDF pattern, emailed to the address you use at checkout when your order ships.
You’ll also need:
- Size H-8 (5mm) Crochet hook or any size to obtain gauge
- Yarn Needle
Color Shown: Unavailable, we suggest Clouds (09).
Finished Size: 58” wingspan x 21” at center point
Care Instructions: Machine Wash & Dry.
- JGJoy Gillies S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars4 months agoJust my pet peeve!
I love the yarn and pattern. The drape is nice . My only complaint some would say is petty. I like to recreate the picture shown. I ran out of the 1st color 7 stitches early. The 2nd color ran out 33 stitches early. Maybe if you included in the pattern how many rows for each color it would be helpful. I tried to count in the picture but it was not clear. Obviously, this is my guage that is off from whoever created this. I'm just starting the third color and the 22nd row so I'm concerned I may not have enough yarn to finish the shawl.OBOne Big Happy4 months ago
Joy, you're doing great! Each cake of yarn is a smidge different so there's no way to exactly recreate the image. Those color changes didn't happen at the edges in the sample either, you just can't really see it in the image <3
- JRJudith R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoNice drape
Easy to work with, drapes nicely, not too thick but also not to thin - beautiful color palette